Tuesday, July 24, 2012

IF



If I put this flower in your hand, would you preserve it?
Would you care for it, and nourish it,
And make sure it does not wither?

If I told you what I think, would you listen?..
And promise not to laugh?..
Consider my opinion, and not discount it?

If I showed you where I’ve been, would you come with me?..
And help me live through it again?
Would you accept it and not pass judgment?

If I were someone else, would you like me better?..
Or try to change me back?
And if I lost my way, would you look for me? Would you miss me?

If I only dared put this flower in your hand…

No comments:

  • Choke
  • Diary
  • Fight Club
  • Interpreter of Maladies
  • Invisible Monsters
  • Jesus' Son
  • Lullaby
  • Man's Search for Meaning
  • Reasons to Live
  • The Kite Runner
  • The Red Tent
  • Then We Came to the End
  • Unaccustomed Earth

Favorite Movies

  • 21 Grams
  • 25th Hour
  • American History X
  • Babel
  • Burn After Reading
  • Crash
  • Donnie Darko
  • Fight Club
  • House of Sand and Fog
  • Memento
  • Requiem for a Dream
  • The Life Before Her Eyes